Monday, December 29, 2014

Me Tarzan, You Jane {by Camelia Miron Skiba}

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23433954-me-tarzan----you-jane
Title: Me Tarzan, You Jane
Author: Camelia Miron Skiba
Genre: Clean Adult Romance
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon
Received from eBooks for review

Moving on doesn’t always have to mean goodbye.
Widowed makeup artist Jane Sullivan is more comfortable keeping her husband's memory alive than dating a pool full of sharks. Ella, her 4 year-old daughter, is her whole world.
When Jane meets Lucas Oliver, famous cover model, it’s hate at first sight. His playboy persona rubs her the wrong way.
Accustomed to every woman fawning over him, Lucas is drawn to the shy, uncompromising single mom and completely melts at the sight of Ella. He is determined to convince Jane that sometimes a second chance can mend a broken heart.

 
This was…interesting, to say the least. I did go back and forth in my feelings for it as the book progressed, although ultimately I did enjoy it. I don't think it was quite what I was expecting, but it was still a good story.

Jane is a single mother. Since her husband's death, she has focused less on dating and more on her daughter. Lucas is the opposite of her type--arrogant, irresponsible, playboy. But when they're thrown together, she realizes there's more to him than she thought.

I feel like I didn't really get Jane. She was often rude and judgmental for no reason. Her actions didn't often match up to what she said. While I admire her spunk and independence, she was also just a pain. While Lucas turned out to be a pretty okay guy, he also didn't really match up. I loved the scenes between him and Ella, and his banter with Jane was pretty amusing. But the romance seemed more contrived, and never really fit. I wasn't buying it.

The writing was also choppy and stilted, taking away from my reading experience. Jumps of space in time were not made clear, which was also confusing. However, I did find that the plot went deeper than I thought it would, and it made for an entertaining read.

This was a cute story. Even with its few problems, if you're looking for a light and fluffy read, then this is the one.

This review can also be found on   Goodreads

Camelia Miron Skiba:

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads











 

1 comment:

  1. Rachel Marie,

    Thank you for the kind review. I love it when my stories bring out emotions in readers and obviously, Me Tarzan-You Jane accomplished just that. I wish you a Happy New Year and send you lots of sun and smiles from Arizona!

    ReplyDelete