Monday, December 1, 2014

Covert Kissing {by Laura Pauling}

Title: Covert Kissing
Author: Laura Pauling
Series: Prom Impossible, #3
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Received from author

Prom is over, graduation is nearing, and Cassidy decides her summer will be all about kissing and flirting with Zeke. Even with her new truth-telling vow firmly in place, that doesn't stop the heap of trouble heading her way as Jasper and Michael compete for her affections. 
Right when she - hopefully - has dealt with that problem, other arise. Zeke's past comes back to haunt him, and Jasper's cold indifference puts a chill on her summer loving. When all of this threatens her blossoming relationship with Zeke, Cassidy picks up the figurative sword once again and fights back.

My review of Prom Impossible here and Prompossible Plans here

When I first started this series, I didn't know that it was one, I thought Prom Impossible was a standalone. But I'm so glad we got a conclusion to Cassidy and Zeke's story. Because Cassidy seems to find her share of trouble no matter where she goes, and it's always hilarious.

This story spans the graduation and then the summer after, before they all go to college. Which can be a hard summer, as I'm sure most of us know. But of course, being Cassidy, hers is a little... crazier. She gets a job at the same country club as Jules and Ava, but the girl in charge is determined to make her life miserable. Then Zeke's mom comes to visit, making him distant, and Jasper is being unnecessarily cruel. And Michael is still pursuing her as if they have a chance.

Cassidy does a lot of growing in this one, and turns into a young woman. She's dealing with a lot, from mixed signals from Zeke to trying to figure out what she wants to do in college. But she decides to take charge of her own summer and ends up growing into a really great person.

I will say, Jasper's complete attitude change kind of surprised me, especially when there was no reason for it. I am glad that he finally explained what was going on with him and got his crap together, but sad that he was such a jerk. Zeke and his mixed signals also made me sad, as I just wanted them to be together already. But we do get to see more to Zeke and that was nice as well.

All in all, I loved this as an ending for the story. I thought it ended well, and I loved where it went for all the characters (mostly). This is definitely a cute, fun story and I enjoyed it very much.


 
This review can also be found on   Goodreads



Laura Pauling:

No comments:

Post a Comment