Monday, March 3, 2014

Epic Recs: March

What is Epic Recs, you ask? It's basically a book pushing club put together by Judith and Amber. You can pair up with a friend, or have Judith/Amber pair you up with someone. (For more information because I won't be able to explain it well at all, see this post.) I decided to have Judith and Amber pair me up with someone, and I was paired with Tiger Lily Rachel (yay for Rachels)!
For March, Rachel chose Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta for me to read, because I've been trying to read more contemporary. I've heard really good things about this book and have been wanting to check it out for a while, so I'm quite excited to read it. 
  
For her, I chose Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge, because it's different from what she normally reads. You guys know I loved it, but I've also heard very mixed reviews, so I can't wait to see what she thinks. 
Be on the lookout for my review of Jellicoe Road and Rachel's review of Cruel Beauty sometime this month!


4 comments:

  1. I want to read cruel beauty. Very badly. But I will wait in hopes that Amazon puts it on their 1.99 in daily deals soon. I've been hooked on retalings. And I loved Splintered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love retellings too, which is why I loved Cruel Beauty. Hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  2. I loved Cruel Beauty! I haven't read Jellicoe Road but I've heard such great things, I can't wait to see what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things too, can't wait to read it!

      Delete